I swore I’d never do it. I would be different. Nope, I wouldn’t let it happen. Yet here I am. Writing this post from what used to be, my semi- stylish, Pottery Barn meets Home Goods living room. Last week I waved goodbye to my cute coffee table. The one I splurged and bought with my first adult pay check. The oh-so-classic arm chair for the sometimes-used “reading nook”? Gone-zo. The doors to our oversized antique armoire, the shelves of which, just last week displayed my awesome TJ Maxx finds and all the framed cuties in our life-those doors are now closed tight. And my perfectly chic Target rug? It’s completely covered. In very large, primary colored, foam squares. Yep. It’s done. Welcome to the Team Hucks Romper Room. (formerly known as sharply decorated living room).
But it’s all for a good cause. A pretty awesome reason, really. Because last week? Our rookie went mobile.
There are actually quite a few Tucker updates to share. We visited his pediatric neurologist last week-Tucker, of course, flirted shamelessly with the entire office staff. The doc was very pleased with Tucker’s development. She might have used the word “perfect” :-). AND for the first time, Tucker’s measurements made an appearance on his ACTUAL age growth chart. His actual age is 11 months-his adjusted age is 7 months. So, while he’s been on the adjusted growth chart for some time, to make it on to his actual age chart is a sign that he’s catching up a bit! He is in the 5th percentile for actual age, and for adjusted age he’s in 50th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for height (insert Darrin grin here).
He’s also cutting not one, but 3 teeth up top. Making for some fun evenings around our house. But we don’t care. Can’t wait to see those front teeth. Teeth, chin dimples and big blue eyes? Stop it.
But the best news. The reason we’ve turned all Sesame Street up in our living room, is that Tucker? Is crawling 🙂 He’s everywhere. He moves fastest for remotes and cell phones. So we tease him shamelessly with them just to see him crawl from one side of the Romper Room to the other. Cannot. Get. Enough. I posted about how special milestones are (Putting the Mile in Milestones), so this one? It’s a big deal. We’re over the moon. And the Romper Room, well…it’s worth every foam square on the planet.
Take a look…Click Here: Crawling!
We have some prayer requests and upcoming appointments:
- Please pray for Tucker’s continued development
- Tucker has his final RSV shot Friday-please pray for continued protection from sickness
- We have an appointment with the pediatric cardiologist this week. If you followed us on Caringbridge, you might remember that Tucker had a small hole in his heart, an atrial septal defect (ASD). We are following up with the cardiologist to see if it has closed completely. Please pray that the hole has closed.
- Pierce-our friend Pierce, he has a big MRI coming up and the prayer is that the MRI will show that he is a candidate for a very specific brain surgery. Read an update here: http://littlebabypierce.blogspot.com/
- Evan- we have some friends that have a mighty 23 weeker currently in the NICU. Please pray for his continued good health and specifically his lung development
- Shaw-a former micro preemie, Shaw has a virus and is back in the hospital-please pray for a short visit and quick recovery
“Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices.” Psalm 16:9
Also, we’re trying to pretty up the blog a bit. If you’d like to subscribe-just enter your email address over to the right under the “Follow Me” text. My posts will come directly to your email inbox!